The below listed items are examples of non-covered charges and are the responsibility of the Resident/Sponsor. These items are not all inclusive:
- All prescribed pharmaceuticals which are not provided by federal VA pharmacy.
- Co-pays for pharmaceuticals provided by VA Pharmacy.
- Barber/Beauty Shop
- Private telephone installation and services
- Long distance telephone and Internet access charges made on facility telephones
- Physician specialist consultation fees
- Durable Medical Equipment (including oxygen), not furnished by the Veterans Administration
- Private duty nurses and sitters
- Definitive dental treatment and repairs
- Maintenance and repair of personal property including television sets
- Non covered transportation charges
- Bed Hold charges
- Co-insurance amounts for Part B services when not covered under private insurance.